Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Blogging your way to profits?


I recently was offered two free bottles of Country Bob's all purpose sauce both to try and to blog about. I'm one of those people who are true to their word so here I am blogging.


About the sauce: well it's like a Heinz 57 but a little more intense. We tried it as a dipping sauce for grilled chicken. Not bad, but as I said a little bit strong. I think it would make a good ingredient in recipes rather than a stand alone sauce.


What intrigues me most about this product is not the actual taste but the marketing. If you google Country Bob's you'll find several blogs on the product. These were presumably all people who were offered free product and asked to blog about it. I wonder what the success rate on that? How many people take the product and blog about it compared to those who just say yes to a freebie without the write-up? Don't know but it seems to be an effective way to get the search engines to find your name.


So here I am blogging about Country Bob's. Not raving about the sauce...but I'm sure this blog will show up in the search engines.


No comments: